when your son crossed over

Son 1. Didn't want to do any advancement and didn't get Arrow of light. The Pack people were confused and discouraged him from crossing the bridge. That was when I decided to get involved as a youth leader, much to my wife's ongoing chagrin. (I had been Pack Committee.) That son made Life before he pooped out.

Son 2. Figured out that he could nail Arrow of light, cross over, and come to Summer camp with us in the Troop. We had a June Pack meeting that was a bike rodeo, and after the rodeo, we went inside and did an 18 minute Arrow of light/crossover ceremony. I had told him to wear a t-shirt under his blue shirt. Halfway across the bridge, we had him take the blue shirt off, and helped him don his brand new Boy Scout shirt, which was all set up. He had not had a clue, and then everybody in the pack cheered and they all lined up and shook his hand. That boy has a 1,000 watt smile, and during that ceremony, it was up to 5,000 watts.(That son is an Eagle project away from Eagle.) The next week, we went to Scout Camp.

Son 3. Figured out the 6 months after Webelos Arrow of light thing and crossed over via paperwork in December. He nailed Citizenshp in the Nation MB right off the bat. We went back to the pack for the Arrow of Light/Crossover ceremony at the Blue and Gold in February. That was cool because the Knights of Columbus (The Charter Organization,) came in their custumes and did the crossed swords tunnel thing. That was cool. He's now a twelve-year old Star Scout with most of the requirements for Life done. He has an Eagle project that he want do do. He wants to out-do his big brothers.