Things going well

Amazingly after 5 years in a small struggling new pack, things are in a good spot right now.

Older just-bridged son is off at his first Scout campout (winter camping). It looks like the troop choosen is a good one. 3 of the 5 cross-over webs are attending this first challenging event without the full support of their best buddies going. (Planning the menu themselves was a huge draw -- my son is going for the food alone!) Parents like the adults in the troop and boys love the youth leadership. All the cross over boys are signed up for summer camp. Husband, their tired former den leader, is now excited to do stuff with the boys again (I wouldn't be surprised if after all his protests he signs up in an adult leader role).

On the cub side, my den of 7 all earned their bear awards. I see them all learning and growing in other ways also. I have a new boy joining us for Webelos and might add another easy kid. With the younger dens ALL the boys have signed up for daycamp. A tiger den formed with a terrific wife/husband team that is really forming a great group. They have a younger son. The CC is stepping up and is having some success in grooming the CM and ACM. The DE is finally responding to us with some warmth (he might have learned something from his botched recruiting drive at the adjacent schools.) We have a buliten board up at school of pictures of the boys doing scout stuff that has lingered for weeks without anyone asking us to move it.

I continue to be grateful for the unthanked leaders from my youth. And thanks for all the wisdom in these forums.

As I read here often, I love this scouting stuff.

Thanks for a good report. It sounds like things are moving very well for your boys and your leaders.

If they haven't already, be sure to introduce your new/tired leaders to program helps/CS 2010 and fast start training so they know they don't have to reinvent the while to succeed.

I really like the bulliten board at school idea. As is, we have one inside the Co's halways, but you know what that means: The people who see it already do it. It's mostly to show the membership of the CO ewhat we do.

Was it a problem or issue to have a board at a scholl? I mean, now days, everybody takes every little thing as an admission of endorsement or implied support.

Didn't know if the school my have an issue with the public thinking that the school might be pushing for BSA .

But other than that, that's awesome! Cograts! I love a success story!

Scoutfish asked about the buliten board.

I didn't ask permission, (that would have added a lot of complexity). In the past for B&G I put up small posters that had collages of the boys doing their scouting thing. I let them stay up at school for a few days. They are not recruiting based but just celebrating the boys.

This B&G a buliten board was empty, so I put the posters up on that board. Wolf den leader added a few after a week or so. This is a small school of 240.

Our recent discovery about the boys is that they forget what fun they have had in the past. Makes me wish I had started the den scrapbook when they were tigers.