Committee Meetings

In our pack, it's usually the CC, CM, Camping Coordinator, Treasurer, and any committee member with an upcoming event (Popcorn Kernel, Pinewood Derby Coordinator, Blue and Gold Coordinator, etc). Our den leaders do not attend, they have a separate meeting. All parents are always invited, but I don't think we've ever had one come out of curiosity.

Per BSA, the monthly Pack Leaders Meeting is attended by all registered Pack leaders. This includes the COR, CC, CM, Committee members, and den leaders.

The meeting dates/times are published on the Pack calendar, and we have always been open to parents who wish to attend, but few ever do.

How do you plan your monthly Pack Meetings if you do not have regular Leaders Meetings?

What ScoutNut said.

In the past, Committee Meetings technically did not include DLs, but BSA changed the name to Pack Leaders Meeting and now includes the Committee, CM, ACMs, DLs, ADLs, and any interested parents. I think many packs did it this way even before the official change.

In my son's old pack, we printed an annual Pack calendar with all Pack meetings, Committee Meetings, and Pack outings (we scheduled one pack outing per month in addition to our pack meetings), B&G, PWD (these did not count as pack meetings but counted as a monthly outing), etc. so everyone knew the schedule of pack events.

As CC, I sent an agenda via email in advance of each committee meeting, and I stuck pretty closely to the schedule (if you think boys have short attention spans, try a room full of bored adults!). I usually asked for a report every month from our treasurer, so we'd know how much $$ we had, then a report from any activity coordinators for that month (we would assign each den to coordinate one of the monthly pack outings, other than PWD & B&G which had their own subcommittees). Finally came the CM report, which included a final review of the upcoming pack meeting, and a preliminary view of the next month's pack meeting.

There are seven parts to a pack meeting, and we rotated each part to a different den each month. The CM would compile a "duty roster" to ensure each part of the pack meeting was covered by one of the dens. We'd review those assignments and progress or problems the dens might be having in preparing for their role in the pack meeting. We also discussed any issues the dens had that needed committee attention.

We'd wrap it up with snacks and I'd send out a summary of minutes, not so much who said what, but more importantly, who agreed to do what, by when, how much $$ was needed, that sort of thing, with a list of unfinished business or issues deferred to future committee meetings.

Good luck!