Cub Scouts 2010 - NEW

Our Tiger den was a highly motivated bunch. We used the Fast Tracks for the first month, just to get our feet underneath us, and then we moved on and did our own thing. I expect that the same thing is going to happen this year. With a group of ADD/ADHD boys, what I saw of the Wolf outline isn't going to work. It's just not that active enough. When you add in how active our council is during the fall and all the middle of the book requirements that can be met at these events, you get to January and suddenly discover that you can do maybe one activity from the Fast Tracks or the old Program helps because you've covered everything else.

I think this program will be great for first year leaders, just like the Fast Tracks and the Program Helps, but more experienced Scouters will probably only use these for ideas and references. Our Pack doesn't have the ability to do an outdoor flag ceremony at our first meeting. We will easily be able to do it during our first month, we just don't have a flag pole we can play with at our meeting location. Which throws us off the plan from the first meeting.

Everything that BSA puts out helps the leaders organize and plan. Sure it's nice not actually planning things and just using a recipe card for a meeting, but I think the best way to use any of this stuff is as reference material.

mistysmere