Generic Zip off pants for cubs?

My son owns four pairs of the switchbacks. It takes an act of congress to get him to wear anything else. The first pair I bought at the beginning of his Tiger year he is still wearing as shorts. They are starting to wear thin in the behind and the knees were torn from falls, but he has had them almost two years. I bought him three more pairs this year which are still in great shape. It is worth the price to not have to take him shopping.

Wow, I am surprised to hear about the apparent quality issues with the cub pants.

My son has two pair of the boy scout switch backs. He loves them. One pair, which he has had for close to 2 years, gets worn probably 3 days a week. They get washed constantly. The legs have been zipped on and off too often to keep track of. He wears them to school, to weekly scout meetings, on campouts, to camp, around the house, etc. They've been worth the money. The other pair is one of the new pairs and we haven't had them long enough to know how they'll hold up, but I am expecting similarly good results.

The other day I was in a local camping store. Pants that were comparable in style and size cost $80. I would never buy those because my teenager will outgrow them before long.

Now if only national would make a shirt that he would wear half as much as he wears those pants!

Too bad the cub pants sound like they're not a similar quality as the boy scout pants have been.

We've had 2 pairs fail this year as well. The second pair he only wore half a dozen times as shorts, so at least I didn't have the time in on hemming them. Scout shop commented on China's quality and replaced them at no charge, but it's still a hassle.

I wish they would offer blue switchbacks in the nylon. I've been really pleased with mine. My son is a 1st yr Webelo and we haven't switched to BS uniform yet, but I got him a pair of the BOGO switchbacks and he has already worn them.