Webelos registered with one pack & camp with another?

We have a Webelos scout in our pack who has recently moved and will be transferring to a different pack in a nearby district (same council) after the school year is done. He will start participating in some of the other pack's summertime activities. However, he's really into camping and would like to come to one or two of our (current pack's) weekend Webelos campouts. I think that other than summer resident Webelos camp, the new pack doesn't do much camping. Do I need to get any special type of approval to have him come with us this summer?

I haven't experienced this, yet. I would think that each council would have it's own interpretation. Your best bet would probably be to call Council or District to get their take. Other peoples opinion may not synch up with your Council.

Thanks for the help so far. Thought I'd add a little more info....

I'm CC and also assistant den leader (and camping coordinator) for the Webelos den. This kid isn't perfect, tends to get into dangerous stuff (possibly a little OCD going on), and the other parents and I keep a pretty close eye on him. His mom comes to all of the campouts also. However, of all the scout stuff, he LOVES to go camping, and it's really the only thing that will keep in scouting long-term. I haven't found out yet what the situation is with the new pack, and am going to really try to make sure his parents find him a camping-heavy BS troop a year from now. We camped monthly last year from April - September (midwest), and he + mom+ brother came to every campout. I really want him to be able to come with us this summer.

I will contact our district exec for his take on it, but wanted to feel you guys out first to see if anyone has run across this before. I'm guessing it will be a bit of a grey area and interpretation may vary from council to council.

Shouldn't be any "grey" area at all.

He is a registered Scout going on Scout outings. He is covered by by BSA insurance.

No problem, as long as your Pack leadership is OK with it.

This happens a lot with kids from split families. They do not want to put Scouting on hold while they are at the other parent's. Some even dual register in 2 different units, one by mom, and one by dad.