No power to right things

I am the SPL of a troop in new york, and since I joined, six years ago, it had been my goal to improve my troop. That isn't entirely true, it was about a year after I joined that The troop lost its quality. Originally I thought that the problem was the PLC, but then I became a patrol leader, and realized yes the PLC was the problem, however the real problem was that the people of my troop don't run the PLC how it should be run. The patrol leaders don't ask their members if they have any ideas to bring up to the PLC. I did this every week but it really never stuck and have basically given up on this. Recently the main issue that is concerning me is lack of respect. I am only 15 but I am apauled at the social decline in the incoming generations. This is especialy potent in my troop because a large majority of our older members have left the troop and we now have about 30 newer member who show no respect for older members. When I joined there wasn't a question about respect, you did it even if you didn't like the person, and you didn't question it, it was just that way. But it wasn't a fear respect it was more of an admire respect and currently there is almost no way to gain the admire, and I don't think the fear would really help. Furthermore we claim to be a boy run troop, however the only scouts who actually ever know what is going on are me and the previous SPL, and if the PLC makes a bad dessicion because we weren't there that meeting, we are the ones who are murmered about saying we do a bad job when none of the members would be able to do 1/16 as good of a job because none of them take any intrest in the troop. Lastly my troop has a phone tree that we send out every sunday night. I call the 8 patrol leaders, as I have given up on my ASPLs, and they are supposed to call their members. They don't, and if for any reason I don't reach the scouts they are supposed to call me. yet again they don't. All of these issues have been made even worse by an incoming group of adult leaders that treat the scouts like cubscouts which will not help at all. I only have 3 months left in my term and if I am not able to inspire others to take an intrest then not only will i not be reelected but it will turn into a popularity contest for underqualifyed persons. please help.