OK now these are real stretches and not ones I'd advocate but if I were playing the "how can we twist the requirements this time?" game the only ones I could imagine would be

Elec #9 (Let's have a party) - maybe the smoothies will be snacks at the party they're having?

Elec #3 (Make it Yourself) option e "or make something else" but if this is it I think it horribly violates the spirit of this elective, which is all about making things with tools like bird houses, door stops, and recipe holders.

On the other hand, maybe they're making smoothies because smoothies taste good and they wanted to do it? If that's the case and they aren't attempting to shoe-horn this activity into a specific arrow point elective, then that might be just fine. I hope they have more planned for the den meeting than this though, as smoothie making and drinking will take all of maybe 10 minutes at the outside.

If it is in your son's den, why not just ask the den leader?

If it is not your son's den, then while it might sound questionable, you might have misheard, or been misinformed. Either way it is up to the den leaders and the parents.

The den leader was out of town so the ADL and I ran the meeting. The ADL was told it would be an elective. We made a chart with all the electives and sent it home with the parents. We only have one meeting left before Blue & Gold. We're hoping each boy will get at least one arrow point, but without the parents help most boys will be pressed for that.

We made placemats and decorations for Blue & Gold and the smoothies were the snack.