Suggestions for Arrow of Light scout outing requirement?

Yes glad to see that correction the coldest I have ever been in my life was a council cub family camp at camp Wallwood near Tallahassee when the temp was at 25 degrees. now to you northern die hards thats not even cold but to me in Florida with my promotional sleeping bag it darn sure was. My Tiger cub son was cozy as could be in his 0 degree mummy bag. I was ready to hike the two miles to my car to drive to the holiday inn express down by the I10 exit. I did survive and you will too make sure all your party are equipped with a sleeping bag rated for 20 degrees less than the projected low plus an extra blanket or two for good measure.

February and March are not real cold here in South Florida if the Web's can't find an outdoor event to attend they are not trying. The last weekend of this month we are going to an event at a local air and space museum and if the ink is dry on their application not only will they have their event but two MB's to go on their sash.

Scott, can you explain how the boys could possibly get credit BOTH for a webelos activity to count toward AOL (visit a troop/outdoor activity) AND for two boy scout merit badges? My understanding is that either they are still webelos and therefore cannot earn boy scout MBs, or they are boy scouts and therefore cannot continue working toward a cub scout award (AOL) but that they/you cannot have it both ways. Or perhaps I misunderstood your last sentence.

Lisabob, I asked the same question when I read Scottteng's comments.

You are a Webelos or a Boy Scout. You can not visit an event as a Webelos and earn Merit Badges. You can't attend an event as a Boy Scout and earn Arrow of Light requirements. You are one or the other.

Another suggestion I have concerning "winter camping" in the deep south. Another hint for combating the cold is unknown to many Southerners. Put some of those extra blankets "under" the sleeping bag and body. Or do what those in the cold country do (even during the summer)--use a sleeping pad. THis can be bought at any Walmart or other sporting goods store--even in FL. I am a transplant from the north.