Making a Case for a School to Have a Pack of Its Own

It looks like one of the next things I should do is have a chat with the Institutional Head. The Chartered Org. went through some leadership turmoil, but things have settled down. The current pastor seems supportive when we spoke briefly. Ill try to put out a request for assistance to the congregation. Maybe we can find someone who can help us improve our program until we get large enough to be self-sustaining. We might even find a new Chartered Org. Rep. who is willing to get involved. There must be some people in the congregation whose sons went through the pack or troop years ago, and would like to see it continue.

Sounds good. Try to find leaders who really care and then get them trained. For cub scouts, make sure the guys are having fun. I tried to make sure the dens were physically active every den meeting. We'd start with foot races, rope climbs, crab soccer...that sort of thing. Sometimes the boys would let me win one.;)

Then on with the den meetings. Pack activities need to be engaging and fun as well. But if you have caring, trained leaders it is a lot easier. But the program is central to the health of the pack. The recruitment should come naturally after that.

Good luck.