Smoking Leaders

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your comments. This is the first time I have engaged in discussion in this forum. It has been very insightful. I believe I have learned, that although I am very much against smoking in front of the boys, this subject should be addressed with senitivity to the feelings of the offenders. Don't get me wrong, it needs to firm, as the subject has been addressed previously, but I do not want these leaders to feel I (or any other person) am not senitive to their addiction. Both my parents smoked my entire childhood (my Father has quit in the last 3 years) and I found it repulsive and I felt trapped because I was the child and couldn't drive myself anywhere or go live somewhere else. There are numerous reasons, policies, oaths, etc. for these leaders to obstain during activites and the boys are #1. I think when the right moment arises (not allowing this to happen again, but preventitive) we will talk about the issue and I will refer them to their leader manuals for backup if the need arises or maybe even to this forum, as they can hear from people handling this same situation with their own addiction.

Thanks again and may the discussion continue by all means, it is a healthly way to learn to appreciate the views of others and maybe, just maybe expand your own mind in the process.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! to everyone and may you take a moment to thank the Lord for his Son and the many blessing most of share every day. This year I can be thanful for one more thing and that is there are so many men and women out there that are trying their best to be examples and lead our young boys to be the leaders our country needs. We have huge responsibility in front of us and I for one pray for our success.