Mid-year Recruiting

In the past, our Pack would only recruit in the fall during roundup, and in the spring. But nothing was ever done between these times. This is something I want to change. At our next Pack meeting, I want to show the boys the Recruiter Patch. Explain that all they have to do is bring a boy to a Pack Meeting, or Den Meeting, and if he joins, they earn this special patch. This will help becouse we missed our goal, help the boys earn another patch. My only stipulation is that they need to let den leader know in advance. This is so they can get extra supplies for the meeting if needed. I was wondering if anyone else does something like this, and how they do it.

Our council just emailed all pack leaders a flyer they created for "After Fall Sports" recruiting. It lets boys know that even they hadn't signed up in September because they were busy with soccer and football, it's not too late to join. The flyer can be customized with each individual pack's information.

I'm going to print a bunch of the flyers and have them sent home from the two elementary schools that my pack draws from and see if we can get some more boys into the pack.

Elizabeth J

My district just had a staff change. The former DE gave me a centennial recruiter patch and the new DE gave me another. I told the new dE that I already had one and he said take another as we want to be sure that you have them on hand. I've told the Scouts about the program and I believe that I will be handing one out at our next meeting. It's a pretty sharp looking patch! I'm hoping that as I give a few out the Scouts will get the idea and start bringing their friends.

My district just had a staff change. The former DE gave me a centennial recruiter patch and the new DE gave me another. I told the new dE that I already had one and he said take another as we want to be sure that you have them on hand. I've told the Scouts about the program and I believe that I will be handing one out at our next meeting. It's a pretty sharp looking patch! I'm hoping that as I give a few out the Scouts will get the idea and start bringing their friends. I think this patch might only be available to Boy Scouts but you could try the same thing with Cubs.