Questions to ask when recruiting.....

We just had join night. Our little Pack is growing. We started with 8 boys last October (3 Tigers, 5 Wolves). All 8 boys are continuing on and we are now at 15 boys! And in Tigers through Webelos. So, new Dens, new leaders needed.

Since we are still new to recruiting adequate leadership, was just wondering a few things.

We have some prospects, but based on the Bylaws we made last year, all new volunteers that wish to be a uniformed leader must go through an interview process with a panel made of our the Pack Committee.

I came across a great worksheet from National that is kind of a checklist.

Anyone have some good questions that we should ask our potential leaders. We don''t want to scare them off, but we want folks that will be a team player and really be great with the boys.

Post away, cuz we are having our interviews this week!

Thanks in advance!

I don''t really have any questions for you to ask off top of my head. I do have a suggestion thought start new leaders off easy, with a single task with a known start and end date. They will be more likely to commit to that and then you can take it to the next level, and so ... before you know it they will be at the *1 hour a week* per scout* level...

Just my wacky 2 cents

Scott Robertson

http://insanescouter.org

Wow, a questionaire. I think when I was a Cubmaster the first question I had for a potential new leader was "what size uniform shirt do you wear?".

I hope you have them lined up out the door to apply. Take them all and give them all a job. Like Scott said, start them off with small bits and build up. The more hand helping to carry the load the easier it is to go the distance.

Make sure they''re available to take appropriate training. If you have a whole slew of new leaders, have the District or Council training team come to you. Cub Lead Specific takes about 3 hours or less and is time well spent.

Good luck