I have a couple questions about overnights.

Are Tiger cubs allowed to go on overnights with their Den? Do Boy Scout camps have buildings that can be used for overnights? (I live in a very cold state and 70% of the year is too cold for camping - at least for me.) If Tigers aren't allowed to go on overnights, at what age is this allowed?

Christy

The ONLY Cub Scout DEN that is allowed to camp overnight as a DEN is Webelos. Tiger, Wolf, & Bear dens are restricted to PACK family camping & council/district camping. Wolf, Bear & Webelos are also allowed to attend council resident camp, while Tigers are not.

These are the camping guidelines from the Guide to Safe Scouting -

http://www.scouting.org/pubs/gss/gss03.html

As for cabins/buildings, many BSA camps do rent out their lodges or other accommodations when they are not being used. Many local Park Districts or State Parks will also have facilities that can be rented.

Find out who your Pack's BALOO trained camping person is & offer to help put together a Pack Family Campout. Everyone, siblings included, are allowed at these.

• 3 weeks later...

ScoutNut

You are absolutely correct, with one small exception -

LDS units have slightly more strict rules for overnight camping. "No Scout-sponsored overnight outings should be planned for boys under age 11." (source: LDS Scouting Handbook, page 4). The earliest age a boy can camp overnight in an LDS unit is 11 years old, which is a separate scout/age organization in an LDS unit.

I get, surprisingly, alot of questions on this subject, so I thought I would post the info here.

Eagle Pete