Home school and publics in same pack

Our pack has many home-schooled and public school boys, and a good set of private school boys too, and they all mix together with no apparent issues. But we don't have segregated dens, either. It would seem that by setting up the dens that way, the original leaders were creating the situation that you now see.

I can tell you how we run things, but I don't know if that will help you. We do have all the dens meet at the CO on the same night, in separate rooms. (We do tell the dens they can change their meeting times to whatever they want, but none of them ever change their regular meetings.) We try to split the dens in an intelligent fashion. In particular, we always try to make sure each den has a gung-ho parent or two, so that they can help guide the den.

But it could be a little tricky in your case to try to impose some change on the dens. Are any of the home-school dens unhappy? It sounds like they're all doing great. I wouldn't really want to re-mix the den membership right now. I'd probably focus on working with the public school dens, and seeing if I could bring them up to speed.

Oak Tree

And I agree that all the home school dens shouldn't be doing joint activities without the other dens. Just because they meet at the same place doesn't mean they should do another pack meeting. They could easily do den meetings.

Oak Tree