New twist on 5th grade joining - LDS?

Do LDS units operate on a very different timetable than non-LDS units? If so, what is their timetable.

I'm a WebII leader and I just picked up a boy who transferred from a LDS unit. His parents tried to get him to transfer for last year but he resisted until this year. The problem is is that last year as a 4th grader, he was a Bear in his LDS unit. Now, being a 5th grader, he's in my Den as a WebII. This is definitely the den in which he belongs as he already knows and goes to school with all the other den members (he's even in the same class as some). But, since he's only earned his Bear so far, he's going to have a problem when it comes bridging time. We normally bridge the WebIIs to Boy Scouts at the March pack meeting. If I understand the guidelines correctly, you have to be 10 and have completed AOL -OR- be 10 and have completed 5th grade -OR- be 11 years old. Well, he won't turn 11 until next September (maybe that's why he was where he was in the LDS unit?). It seems like his only hope, if he really wants to bridge with the rest of the den, is for him to bust his butt and earn both his Webelos and Arrow of Light before bridging time. Seems like that's a pretty tall order.

In LDS Units boys advance to the next level on their birthday. Grade level has nothing to do with it. LDS is age/priesthood level driven. They have no Tiger level. Boys start in Cubs at age 8 as a Wolf. On their 9th birthday they move to Bear. On their 10th birthday they become a Webelos. At 11 they become a Blazer Scout in a New Scout Patrol. The 11 year old Scout is not considered to be a full Boy Scout yet. At 12 years old they usually have achieved First Class Boy Scout and are eligible to become a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood.

It sounds like your new Scout is right on schedule for an LDS unit. He just turned 10 & will be a Webelos Scout for 1 year. He should be able to earn AOL. If he works hard he might be ready by March. Otherwise he should be able to do it by the end of 5th grade.