Splitting up a Pack

Yes, I realize that the DE's love to form new units. However, I am the one that presented this to her. I see where you are going though. I have seen where new units are created just to make numbers look good from a Council perspective and then little support is provided to those new units. I know that my UC has devoted a lot of time to that new unit in the adjacent town. Hopefully that will take off.

CM Mike, as far as numbers go, we have 131 boys in 19 Dens.

I am trying to figure out how to do all awards at Pack meetings. I would really like to do that. In the past one den was chosen a month to be presented their awards to at the Pack meeting. the other den's awards were left to the den leaders to hand out. It is still possible to keep the meeting around an hour to an hour fifteen and include a song, a skit and some other form of entertainment.

This pack used to not even do advancement ceremonies at Pack meetings. I did their first Bobcat ceremony (to my knowledge) last spring. 19 Bobcats. They loved that one and every other advancement ceremony I did. Made the Pack meetings more enjoyable.

You definitely need to have more than one Pack.

The key will be to take some of your top leaders and get them to run the new pack. The tendency seems to be that people are more interested in keeping their cliques together and without top leaders the new pack will die off as well.

Good luck.