Cubs say the darndest things..................

Art Linkletter then Bill Cosby

Now that the school year is over and we can all take a breath, what is the cutest, silliest, most outlandish things you ever heard a young cub say?

When earning the Wildlife Conservation pin with some "bobcatted" Tigers we had to make a collage of different vertabrates. When I asked the boys what a collage was one said, "It's a tiny little house in the forest(cottage)

Another said, "It's when two cars smash into each other!"

(collision)

I am sure you all have better ones than that.

Oh they sure do don't they?

April was our Council's Skill show at the local mall. While there 2 of our Tigers completed the requirements for their Astronomy beltloop. However, the bad Cubmaster (me) forgot to buy the two beltloops for our Pack meeting the next weekend.

So, after the pack meeting one of the boys comes up to me and says "I thought I was supposed to get my Catastrophe beltloop". He was so ernest, it took everything I had not to smile because it was so cute. I apologized to him for letting him down and promised he would get it in May (which he did).

Michelle - CM - P102

I had a Tiger jump up on the lap of the DE at a Pack Meeting. He asked what he did and was told that he was in charge of Scouting in the area. After a moment of sizing up the DE, the Tiger says, "My brother has more patches than you. He should be in charge."

We later visited the USS Kidd (Destroyer) in Shreveport for an overnight. The Kidd had been hit by a kamikaze plane in WWII. We told the boys that they could look around and this boy swept his arms back in his best imitation of a plane and yelled "I'm a karaoke pilot!"

I had a Tiger jump up on the lap of the DE at a Pack Meeting. He asked what he did and was told that he was in charge of Scouting in the area. After a moment of sizing up the DE, the Tiger says, "My brother has more patches than you. He should be in charge."

Out of the mouths of babes...