50 Miler primarily afloat?

In my area there is a chain of stores called the Dollar Tree. Everything is $1. Some items are worth less, some more, you need to know which are which.

My camping-useful Dollar Tree acquisitions that I believe to be good values after use include: sunscreen, sunscreened lip balms (3 in a pack), floating sunglass straps (2 in a pack), cotton work gloves, waterproof stuff sacks - lightduty but still useful, triple antibiotic ointment, ACE bandages, adhesive strips, acetominophen, allergy medicine, plastic table covers, garden kneeler mentioned above for canoe applications, zippered mesh laundry bags (2 in a pack), proven to be very useful for carrying your miscellaneous junk in the water while tubing, light-duty ponchos (2 in a pack) for emergency use, fireplace matches, reusable ice packs, and a small, very lightweight (cheap!) 8 inch skillet, works great on a hobo stove and fits in a backpack.

If you have one of these near you take a look. You have to monitor stock as stuff comes and goes. Take cash or a check, they won't take credit.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic