Rectangle Orange "Tiger Cubs BSA" Patch

I found on of these... where does it go?

for some reason I thought it went under the right pocket, but it is an old patch and I can not find anything on it anymore. My Son is a Webelos and wants to keep the square patches on his left pocket, but there is no proof of his Tigerdom..

is this orange Tiger patch still okay to wear? until BSA next year?

Your son must be a 5th grade Webelos. His was the last Tiger group before the program was changed to include a Tiger rank.

Yes, you are right, the Tiger rectangle would go under the right pocket and the arrow points under the left. He can wear this with the rest of his Cub patches until he crosses over to a Boy Scout Troop.

Actually he is in 4th grade now, and is a WEB 1, until June when we crossover. But the den chose to use the square patches.... which means there is no recognition for his tiger year... I happen to find the patch in my stash box, not sure whne I bought it..

"the den chose to use the square patches"

I am not sure I understand. BSA came out with the new, improved Tiger program in 2001, the year that the current 4th grade Webelos (your son) were in Tigers. Didn't your Pack participate in the new Tiger program, use the Tiger handbooks & work towards a Tiger rank badge?

If the Tigers in his Den earned their Tiger rank there was no choice to be made. They should have received their diamond Tiger rank badge. If, for some reason, none of the Tigers earned their Tiger rank then I can see them receiving only the participation patch. That is what both the large square patch (which went on the red patch vest) and the small rectangle (which went on the blue Cub shirt) were. The participation patches would then be the "proof of" & "recognition for" his Tiger year.