End of the Year DVD

WOW what a fund raiser.

Being a "techno geek" I thought it might be cool to produce a slide show DVD all set to music utilizing pictures taken throughout the year.

I have seen numerous versions of this idea, utilizing powerpoint, *gulp* actual slide projectors, etc..

I produced 25 of these. All with DVD packaging and covers. When we debuted the DVD at the pack meeting, we sold every single one of them, and took orders for another 50. People bought them for themselves, family members friends etc.. We sold them for $10 apiece.

I dontated the materials. 19.95 for a stack of 100 cd's, $15 for 25 dvd cases. On just the inital sale, the pack made $250. Not bad for just a few hours of work. Not to mention the other fifty which i am producing this weekend.

We intend on using this dvd for roundup next year at the various schools. we will not be giving it out, but throw it on a laptop computer to attract attention.

Dan Hume

Tucson

email me with any questions danhume@vizenex.com

Our Booster Club does this too. I'm a member of the Web Development team at bulldogboosters.net

Also, our computer club which is in charge of the site, etc do CD's for things such as sports, Prom, and most likely graduation. We use a S7000 from FujiFilm. For those not familiar, thats a 600 dollar camera. Also, we have a brand new Dell laptop.

We sell ours for anything from 3 to 6 bucks a piece. Also, at banquets, we set up a laptop with a projector so people can see the pictures.

We set the pictures that were taken on our Wood Badge course to "It's In Every One Of Us - Wood Badge Spirit" .

We took orders and sold the disk at $10.00. All the materials were donated by a very good looking course director who talks funny!!

We made over $700.00

Eamonn