Blue and Gold, or, Blue and Gold ?

We had a very successful Blue and Gold last night. Turnout was virtually 100%! Great job all the way around by our leaders!

I wasnt involved with the decorations this year, so when I walked into the room I had to stop and scratch my head for a minute. In the past weve always done blue and gold --- actually yellow, cub scout yellow. This year the decorations were blue and gold --- gold, like really gold.

I never thought about this before, can someone tell us which gold, blue and gold is supposed to be?

Maybe I should have called this thread, "A Colorful Question"

(This message has been edited by fotoscout)

Fun question! In the Cub Scout Leader Book, there is just a statement that the Cub Scout colors have been blue and gold from the beginning--no explanation of the colors. I've seen ceremonies addressing the colors, but I have not seen "official" explanations of them and look forward to hearing that.

We also had our Blue and Gold yesterday. I came early, but others arrived even earlier to set up. It was breathtaking: blue and yellow with a dash of gold (crafting supplies in gold can be hard to find as well as expensive!) everywhere. The room was so bright and cheerful that I just WANTED to walk into it and see more. I couldn't praise our decorations committee enough! We had 16 of our 20 Cubs attend, and we planned for 80 people and had 72. Congratulations on a fine Blue and Gold to you!

Ours was last night also.

Since the theme was FIESTA, we also had red and green with the blue, yellow and gold decorations.

Yep, we had two different parents buy decorating supplies, and one came in with yellow (matches the piping on my old Cub beanie)stuff while the newer parent came in with gold decorations.

We mixed them all up and it looked great.

There was about 20 (out of 25) Cub Scouts and another 50 parents and family, plus all three local troop's Scoutmasters, the DE, three representatives from the CO and the Mayor.

No one showed from FOS or summer camp (I'm not sure how I feel about that - conflicted?). I called them and asked them to appear at the B & G. They agreed and never showed (or called to cancel).

Aside from that, it was a big success.

I think that it is really Blue and Yellow, but that doesn't have the same ring.

My 8 year old daughter wanted to know if Boy Scouts have a Red and Green?

• 2 months later...

This is what I learned and passed on to our Pack when I was the CM.

"The Cub Scout colors are blue and gold. The blue stands for truth and spirituality, steadfast loyalty, and the sky above. The gold stands for warm sunlight, good cheer, and happiness. Together, they symbolize what Cub Scouting is all about."

... So gold is for the golden color of sunshine, but if we note that the sun is not really gold but various shades of yellow!