Clothing tags??

My son and daughter are likely to be on camp staff this year (2nd time for my son who is a Life Scout, 1st time for my daughter who is on the Venturing Crew).

The wife and I wanted to add some clothing labels and thought it would be a good idea since my son is going to the Jamboree this year too.

I had planned to use the link below because of good feedback from Scout Parents:

http://www.identifind.com/

But the site is down.

Any other suggestions than just using "google"?

DG

When I was at school in England all of our clothes had to have name tags on them.

My mother spend many happy hours sewing these things on.

For the Jamboree I recommended that all of our Scouts mark all (Yes all!) their clothes with a indelible marker. (Sharpie worked fine!)

Socks on the sole part.

Shirts on the tail.

Underwear on the band.

T- shirts at the bottom on the inside.

Even with all of this at the meeting we had after the Jamboree tent mates were still returning each others clothes.

Ea.

we've always used sharpies, but from what you said and what I saw from the link - you can do the same thing at home with your computer and the special iron-on paper found at places like walmart/best-buy... just remember with wording and numbers you need to mirror your image/wording so it irons on correctly

I have used www.label-land.com with very good success.

I just received this email today from them:

If you have kids going to summer camp this year

or any other need for personalized iron/sew on labels,

permanent stickers and bag tags.

Then the next 7 days are the best time to order your labels

from Label Land and save.

If you are not familiar with the promotion, the way it works is as follows:

Between today and April 16th, 2010, you place your order on our website ( www.label-land.com ) and when you get to the order confirmation page you enter the coupon code

PREMAY

which will take 25% off your order. If you prefer to order by phone, just mention this code to the representative taking your order.

PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR ORDER THE FIRST WEEK OF MAY.

I haven't compared prices so I don't know if they are expensive or a bargain. The product is simple and works well. 15 seconds with an iron and they are on for good.