Summer Camp w/in 4hrs of Columbus OH?

Our troop went to Camp McKee two years ago. We would like to return because of high adventure off camp for older scouts in Red River Gourge (had 4 scouts and 2 leaders attend) and they had a blast. They were off camp from Monday until Friday. Younger scouts had a great variety of classes to choose from. Camp staff and local troops were very friendly.

We have attended Camp Crooked Creek. Last time we were there a tornado kinda went through. Yes it does sound like a train. Camp and program director both off camp at time so a CIT decided he was in charge of camp. Trees across road into camp so a little disorganized from that stand point(I'm sure that has since been addressed). Camp staff did a very good job of gathering most to dining hall furthest camp sites hunkered down in showers. Soldiers from Ft. Knox came into camp in all their gear. Some scouts thought we were at war. Very memorable. Our troop spent the next morning helping to get all the mud out of dining hall. No injuries. I'm sure that at some point we will return. That was a summer camp our scouts will always remember.

We are going to Camp Buffalo in Indiana this year.

ASM915,

The troop considered all BSA camps within Ohio and many outside the state. Seven Ranges would, of course, be on that list. I believe it made it to the short list and was also highly recommended by one of our Eagles. (He went to Seven Ranges years ago with another troop.)

Our selection was based on many factors including space availability for our large troop, distance, etc. and shouldn't reflect negatively on the camps we did not select.