St. Louis & Bartle

Welcome to the Forums.

I will check with a e-group of fellow HRB staffers I participate in.

I know we get Troops from Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Columbia (MO) councils.

Camp Draw lottery is October 18, evening, at the Council Offices. 816-942-9333 rings the Council office, ask for David Allen, the Reservation Director. He can guide you through procedures for Out-Of-Council Troops to enter the draw.

John, I am a member on the bartlestaff e-group. I was on Sawmill staff for 95-99. I did not worry about it on that group because 95% of them live in KC. The 5% who don't, appear not to be very active at the troop level and are just past staff members. I am looking for a troop close to me so I can have some people to go with if I wish to return in the next few years.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the clarification.

Call David Allen. He'll be able to point you exactly to St Louis Area Council troops which come to Camp Runamuck ;)

John

Who thinks Lone Star is the Greatest!! After all, we have the Lakefront, Davis Lodge, Perry Lodge, She-She-Be, Memorial Hall, AND Lone Bear Tribal Council Ring, and Sawmill gave up Lady Liberty to RHQ. ;)(This message has been edited by John-in-KC)

Welcome, Brian.

The answer is "yes." I know of a troop in Webster Groves that regularly attends Bartle as well as one of our own council camps. Based upon the well-known quality of their program, I'd say attending Bartle has had a very positive impact on the young men in that troop. Having grown up in a council adjacent to Heart of America, Bartle and its Mic-O-Say were viewed with some sense of rivalry and much curiosity. As an adult, now that I know gentlemen who grew up with Mic-O-Say, and see the tremendous impact it has had on their lives, I must say I have newfound respect for that organization. Attending Bartle, even if just for a change of pace from GSLAC's own fine camps, is a great idea, and I think that my own troop will likely make that trek within a year or two. If you'd like contact information, I'll be happy to find out what I can for you.

YiS

OzarksOsage