I applied for Alpha Phi Omega's Service Corps, but we only have 20 slots (40 if we do half week shifts) and they will likely prioritze active brothers (in college). There's even reports of a rich alumnus subsidizing (beyond national's under 25 discount) the fees for the actives.

If I'm not accepted, and if I have an NRA qual, I may apply as range staff.

I've thought about it since we'll most likely be home on COT leave. However, being asked to narrow down to three jobs overwelmed me when I saw the huge list. Still considering it.

I have already received my appointment to the OA staff. Adult OA staff positions are very few and I managed to get one. It's going to be interesting. I have the same job as I had at A.P. Hill. That job required the need for a box truck and a couple of pickup trucks. At The Summit, I'll be limited to a golfcart.

I will be on Staff in the Buckskin Games, well, rather my good friend Pierre DuMonde will be on Staff and I will be driving him. Pierre is a 18th Century Voyageur and has trouble getting a drivers license since there are no records of his birth.

So, look for Pierre in the Buckskin games area, he should be easy to recognize since he will be wearing his signature red tuque and red sash

I guess I'm debating. I've never been to one, so no idea what to even ask for and I know that I'm late to the game. Any suggestions on the right approach. Once I pay for the fee and the travel I want to make sure I make a decent pick on something to do for all that time.

My older son, who will be 16 by next summer, has already been accepted on youth staff. He is hoping for a posting to the Jamboree band. His second choice is to work "tech crew" for the Arena shows, although when job choice lists "Arena Shows" he doesn't know if that includes tech crew (which could, reasonably, be locked up by adult staff).

He attended the last Jamboree and enjoyed it -- my younger son might go this time around, especially if his brother goes. We still have time to decide.

Guy

Visiting at this jamboree will be limited to a small area not inside the jambo site. If you want to visit someone, you make arrangements for them to meet you there. You will not be allowed into the jamboree itself. There is also a fee for visitors.

I'm not happy with what I'm hearing about this one. I'll be too old for the next one. I hope it works out, but I don't want to be a guinea pig (at a high price).

@SR540

Pierre is a blithe ephemeral spirit. He was present at the Cremation of Sam MaGee, a story he recounts often; had tea with Madame Marie Curie nee Sklodowska; Cigars with William Shakespeare and gave him some advice and conversed with William Henry Drummond who wrote the poem "The Voyageur". It is said by some, well Pierre and I, that the subject of this poem is Pierre himself

Pierre's father ended up in New Orleans after the whole Acadia fiasco and revolutionized the food service industry, you may recognize his name, Cafe DuMonde.

Pierre is no stranger to hardship, he will get along. Now, If only I could meet him as we are never in the same spot together