Help setting up BSA Pine Bluff tent ????

My son received this tent as a gift. We tried setting it up to see what it was like, but the instructions were very vague. My main question is that it comes with two poles. It is clear that the longest one goes through the seams down the center. The other shorter pole has no where to go. We looked everywhere. It has rubber tips on each end like it would go over the entrance, but no where to hold it. This really stumps me as I have had experience with other tents. I have reasearched everywhere to no avail. Any input would be greatly appreaciated. Here is the only link that I could find on it.

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=CAMPING&c3=TENTS&c4=&lv=3&item=610384

From the picture it looks like the tent is suspended from the fly with the short pole holding the fly door flap over the door.

Could the door flap be rolled on the short pole?

Is there a sleeve in the door flap for the pole?

If you can not figure out how it is put together, I suggest contacting National Supply.

If you bought this from a national store, they should be able to show you how to put it together. I know I've did demos back in the day. Also they may have a scale model of the tent to help you out.

Thanks for the replies. No, there is no sleeve in the door flap for the pole. After looking at the picture and description againg, I am wondering if the short pole is for a flag. Pretty pointless, but just a thought. Also, what is National Supply store? I'm in Louisiana and never heard of that. The tent was ordered from scoutstuff.org. Is that the same company?

BSA National Supply Group is the part of BSA National organization that sells products. The scoutstuff.org site is the online National Scout Store.

Every local council has a Scout Shop as part of their offices. Some of these Scout Shops are owned by the individual local councils. Others are owned by the national organization. These are called National stores.

Local stores have all of their inventory owned by the local council. All expenses connected to the store (rent, payroll, etc) are paid for by the local council. As a rule, since local councils do not want to pay for, and keep on hand, a large inventory, they usually are smaller stores. All profit from these stores go to the local council.

All expenses for National stores are paid for by the BSA National organization. If the store is in a local council's building, they will usually pay the local council some sort of rent. Inventory is usually larger. Only a percentage of the store's profit goes to the local council.

My council went from a council owned store, to a National owned store. They felt that what they lost in profits, they made up from not paying for any product, payroll, overhead, etc. They also felt that it gave their members a larger, in-store, selection.

So, you can first give your local BSA Council Scout Store a call and see if they can help you. If that does not work, you can contact the BSA National Supply Group in Charlotte, NC.

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/contactus.aspx

James,

If you are in Metairie, LA, the store there is run by national, and one of the employees, Justin if memory serves, really knows his stuff. He worked PT me way back when, has moved around some for school, and was back there about a year ago.

Baton Rouge may have a satellite store to the Metairie one. they may eb able to help too.

Metairie's number is 504-887-3000. If Justin isn't there, ask for Delores or Melinda.

Yep. One loooong pole, braced by the rainfly and tent pegs fore and aft,and the floor port and starboard. "Theres even a special outside sleeve for inserting your patrol flag. " The pole is for a flag. Or poking your tent mate.

What ever happened to the tarp over the rope stretched between two trees?