Camp Old Indian, Woodruff or Comer

I am looking for any body that has attended these camps. We are looking at going to one of them next year for our boy scouts. They are located in Northern Georgia,and South Carolina.

What are the pros and cons to each site andhow many boy scouts usually attend?

Any advice?

Ricki

Welcome to the forums!

Old Indian is good. This unit has enjoyed it many times.

Rainey Mountain is another you should consider, not too far from Clayton, GA. It's smaller but also a nice choice, and near a lot of potential high adventure activities.(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

I have not been to Camp Old Indian.

Woodruff Scout Reservation is in my council. I've been there many times, including a couple of summer camps. Woodruff is in a great location and facilities are top notch. The staff has been well prepared and they offer a wide variety of program activities - first year advancement to high adventure. It is a big camp and can feel crowded in the summer, but their size does mean a wide range of options for your troop.

I have been to summer camp at Camp Comer twice. It is a small facility and reminds me of a classic camp from my youth. You can get pretty much anywhere in 10 minutes. Certain programs (waterfront & shooting sports) were really well run when I was there. Some other programs were painfully weak - one summer the first year program was such a mess that my son's troop took it on and ran it for the week.