We are looking to put in for the lottery for Florida Sea Base in 2008. We are thinking about the Out Island Adventure on Big Munson. Has anyone done that program recently, and, if so, what did you think? We are in northern Ohio, so would flying down be the best way to get there, or would driving be any better.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

We just returned from Sea Base in 2006. We took the Keys Adventure, which is an overview of all the activities available. You get a day of deep sea fishing, snorkeling, sailing, visiting Key West, and you do spend a day on Munson. We didn't want to leave Sea Base and have already registered for the 2008 lottery. I think a whole week on Munson Island would get pretty old, as it is very primitive, kind of smelly, with a lot of insects of all kinds. For a day or so, it was a great experience, but we would not have wanted a whole week of it.

We flew into Miami and used Emerald Limo service to get to the base. That worked out great. There is no need for cars at the base, as anywhere you go, the base has transportation available, either by bus or van.

If you need any further information, PM me!

Dale

• 2 months later...

We will be down at FSB in August '08 we have two crews, Sea Exploring and Out Island. We will be flying into Miami from Detroit then catching a bus the rest of the way.

I understand that Delta has flights into Marathon. If FSB can arrange pick up from there it may be more cost effective then limo.