1. I use a plastic onion bag. it allows the soap to dry faster, i would think, than the stocking idea already mentioned. a bit rough i admit but envigorating!

2. An antiseptic solution in an old dishwashing liquid bottle is part of each patrols kitchen gear and also outside our toilet. No dishes and no need to pour water through containers. Just squirt, scrub and flick your hands dry. obviously this is for hands only.

Or, going off the clean soap idea for clean scouts, do the same thing with the ladies stocking and tie it to a milk jug. At the bottom corner of the milk jug on the side opposite the handle, impale the jug with a golf tee, and tie the tee to the handle, then tie the handle to a tree. Best handwashing method ever.

At last, some good explanations of how to use a milk jug for handwashing. I kept hearing about it but couldn't figure out how to make it or how it worked.

I know the Cub Scouts loved to wash their hands with a bar of soap I tied into a piece of cheesecloth and called it "soap in a sling". I bet they would love to wash their hands out of a milk jug.