Which Shirt...

So... Have a question for everyone. My ODL uniform no longer fits. I currently have a Centennial uniform, the Poplin one I think. I don't dislike it, but some of the things annoy me. I have the opportunity to buy a new uniform shirt and donate this one to the uniform closet. I am looking at the new microfiber shirts. Is this really the best option? Does anyone actually prefer the Centennial?

Does anyone actually prefer the Centennial? Some parts but quality problems far outweigh the improvements. Pants that wear out and tear in six months. Stick on letters that fall off. Buttons that fall off. Seams that unravel. Belt buckles that suffer metal fatigue and break during a hike! The major improvement is the elimination of red epaulets and other flashy uses of red.

I think the money was spent on marketing hype and not on good basic materials.

Does anyone actually prefer the Centennial?

At this time I prefer the Centennial because I like cotton rich materials including the poplin fabric.  My centennial shirt is holding up well and does not have any quality issues but I did not puchase mine until 2011 and some of the quality issues may have been corrected.  The only thing I don't like about the centennial shirts are the screen-printed letters for "Boy Scouts of America" rather than the embroidered patch.  My letters are still intact but I have seen these come off or become easily damaged. 

My centennial pants (cotton blend) are holding up well after more than 2 1/2 years of use.  I only wear them once a week for a few hours so my results will be different from someone else.

The microfiber shirts overall design looks nice but I question their ability to resist tears and damage.  I noticed these shirts are using the embroidered "Boy Scouts of America" patch.  When they come out with a cotton-blend fabric, I'll consider getting one.

• 4 weeks later...

"A Scout is Thrifty"

I have been buying "ODLs" on ebay for the past few years. My preferred shirt is:

- 100% Cotton

- Long-sleeved

- XL

I have a saved search on ebay that alerts me when this shirt comes up for auction. I typically pay $15 to $20 for gently used shirt.

I own four of these shirts; they have held up extremely well. No "disappearing" Boy Scouts of America lettering or peeling US flags.

Personally, I will NOT purchase a BSA uniform shirt made in an Asian sweat shop!