What Would You Add to the National Store?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like the Boy Scout rank pins larger. I'd also second the large silver eagle pin.

Since I hate the plastic diamond that many CSs wear, and CANNOT be worn by Webelos in the Boy Scout uniform, make CS rank pins.

EDITED

One standard hat for Cubs.(This message has been edited by Eagle92)

Just to keep up with everyone/everything else, National should have auto bumper stickers: two types, the first being a white oval (like the European nations) with a fleur de lis in the middle, and the second being a white scout sign (like the soccer van moms have for soccer).

Not so much an add, but how about keeping stuff in stock and available?

For instance, the 100 year patch and ribbons. WEll, not so much the patch, but the ribbons.

On the cub scout side of things, our council does roundup in the fall.

Now, I know that cubs and boy scouts who are already members of a unit were already working on their 100 year patch and the 5 ribbons.

But how about the newer kids?

If you have until December 31st 2010 to earn the patch AND ribbons, the stor ought to figure on having them in stock until at least Feb.

But at the very least, you should not be out of something before the cutoff date of earning it.

That is a soory feeling to new Cub Scouts and Boy scouts who worked on it and are waiting to see if more can be ordered!

Trousers without the mid-leg zips.I have shorts. I like having a small leg pocket, but not the large ones.

A BSA Tropical Hat. Something along the lines of the boonie hat. But without the webbing.

Standard BSA Olive Knit Cap.

A proper SM Handbook. With TLT inside.

Full size Neckers.

Better quality BSA Knife. I broke one of the new ones first time using it. But my original one is still going strong.

When did they do away with the earrings? I know the wife has a pair I gave her way back when.

I do know National is slowly redoing all the neckers to make them full size, YEAH!

I agree with the tropical hat, but I'd keep the webbing as I've used it to store insect repellent and other items in it.

How about a CD-rom with every conceivable piece of paperwork on it?

Have to agree with the paper work on a CD. All of it in fact.

MB Books on line or CD would be great too.

I'd also like to se the Polo Activity shirts brought back.

I'd also like to see the first model Boy's Plaid Wool jac shirt brought back.

Standard Patrol Flags would also be great.

I'd like to see them develop a wire ringed FieldBook.

Powderhorn patch.

- I second the polo activity shirts;

- better binding on the BS Requirements books

- like idea of paperwork, MB books, and other handbooks on CD/online

- standard patrol flags - maybe more troops would use them (personal experience w/ troops not having/using patrol flags)

- non-zipoff shorts and pants - as camp staff, only wear shorts in summer, but then can't use the "legs" of the pants since they are a very noticeable different color from the shorts due to fading

- no pocket on left sleeve of CU

- knee socks

- uniform shirt (BS) w/ buttonhole on right pocket for patch button so patches don't fall off!

There's more, but I can't think of it right now...

EDITED:

- order unit flags online(This message has been edited by ajr2305gdc)

AJR

Knee socks ARE COMING OUT THIS WEEK!!!(caps for extreme joy) Yeah!! Should have mine in the store tomorrow. Can't wait I don't like the current ankle high socks they cut my calves in half. Old knee socks are on their last legs.

THEY BROUGHT BACK KNEE SOCKS?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

Hot diggity! Now I can get the correct size knee socks. My inlaws got me a size too small. I can fit in them, but they are a pain to put on.

LONG LIVE KNEE SOCKS!

And yes i've been shouting for joy!