Ladies Yellow and Blue CS Leader Uniform Going Away

Thanks for the heads up...my wife hates the new uniform...and actually never wears one while she does her duties for her two main positions, District Committee and Cub Roundtable Staff.

But I'd at least like to she her wear one when she's at roundtable....but it'll only work if I can find her and older blue Cub Scouter Skirt....she refuses to wear the pants.

Just remember, dsitrct committee folks can wear ANY uniform they want to wear with the correct insignia. Heck my old Sea Scout uniform has the two stars of a district/council level on it and I have worn it on occassion doing district work.

My wife also hates the new uniform, as well as the yellow and blue. She loves the old Venturing uniform, as well as her vintage 1950s Den Mother dress I got off ebay for her.

One of the nice things about being on the district or council committee, because you are not with a specific unit, you can wear any BSA uniform with the proper insignia. Nothing in the insignia guide states you must wear a tan and green uniform if you are those positions. I've seen Pros in Venturing unis and 1 in a Sea Scout uniform.

When I was a pro I freaked out a few people at my national training with a yellow shirt and slacks and my DE patch! There were pros in venturing shirts, so why not??

I enjoy the yellow -- the fabric, the tailoring, the buttons, and the color itself. The pants don't have the best tailoring, but I'll wear them.

When I worked for supply, ladies had the choice of wearing the tan and green uniform, or the yellow and blue uniform at the main store. The Venturing uniform was not an option at the main store at all.

However we were a pilot store for having supply run the summer camp trading post, and since the recommended uniform at camp was the Venturing uniform, those working summer camp could wear the Venturing uniform if we wanted. Coworker definately wanted to since he could wear his eagle on it still.