Proper numeral/ trained patch color?

I am a CS leader and last year I bought a centenial shirt with green number and a green trained patch. but I have the blue epaulets.

So based on the epaulets... people know I am a CS leader. I see green... its scouts... silver is district or council... ect.

So why in the world are we now being told to wear RED ? number and trained patch ? Ughh.. its UGLY.. they clash ! And in two years I have to replace them with green when my son bridges ?

Ridiculous.... just have adults wear green that matches... and the epaulets tell you what type of unit they serve.

or just have everyone wear the red and whites as it goes with the three program uniforms in use by national, Cub Scout Blue, Boy Scout and leader khaki and green, and Venturing green and gray.

I specifically leave out Sea Scouts as they no longer suppose to wear unit numbers, for whatever reason.

Again, epaulette colors are not changeable, they come with the shirt. One only has the option of changing the color of the shoulder loops they wear (unless they actually want to dye the shirt).

This faux pas drives me nuts almost as much as those who transpose the words "itch" and "scratch."(This message has been edited by acco40)