Sea Scout uniform changes?

I just got off the phone with my skipper, she said that she heard that there were some changes made recently to the Sea Scout uniform. She doesn't remember when the changes happened, or what they were. I was just wondering if any of you had heard anything about this. I cannot find any mention of this on the internet, so this may just be a rumor that she picked up.

News to me, and I know our Regional Commodore, who is part of the National Sea Scout Support Committee.

When they came out with the current SSM (10th edition) they made some radical (IMO) changes to the uniforms. This occured around 2002.

Now, I have heard that a new edition of the SSM is coming out real soon, so don't know what changes they might make to the uniform. I don't agree with a lot of the changes they made, and would prefer they reversed some of their changes, but really don't know.

Heard nothing mentioned on the national Sea Scout email list.

Michael Brown

She mentioned this after she had a meeting with the council commodore. Maybe he heard that something will be changed in the new manual and she misheard him, or he misheard someone else, or maybe I missed something. That is always a good possibility. :D

I just spent 45 minutes digging around on the Seascout-net listserv that is on seascout.org and found out that a couple months ago people were asking the same question there. The link is below, but if you don't want to read through it I'll summarize.

There will be no changes to the Sea Scout uniform in the next edition of the manual which is supposed be coming out in may. Apparently the Navy is changing their uniform and some people thought that the sea scouts might be changing their uniform to match.

http://listserv.seascout.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1001&L=seascout-net&T=0&P=3720