Sea Scout Working Uniforms

With the Navy getting rid of the enlisted Dungaree uniform (aka the "convict" look) and replacing it with aquafluage, what will happen to the Sea Scout Working Uniform?

I'm former Navy and hated the dungaree uniform. Fortunately, I was in Subs and got to wear the blue jump suits ala Hunt for Red October, which is similar in color to the Coast Guard utilities.

Admittedly, aquafluage is out of the question as a uniform for scouts due to the military connection but is there a source for dungarees outside of Navy supply? I imagine there are wharehouses full of them in Norfolk, San Diego and Mechanicsburg.

Seeing as how Ships can select their own uniforms, it shouldn't affect most units very much. Only at National events do you have to conform to their standards and it's unlikely you'd be wearing work uniforms. I don't, and never have had, any idea what the National Sea Scout Committee is likely to do.

In my area, many Ships did use the 'dungaree uniform', in most cases as the basic uniform for the Sea Scouts (as apposed to the white or navy crackerjacks). They would get chambray blue dickies work shirts and navy blue pants/shorts.

When they went out sailing, it was likely in shorts and t-shirts.

I think we only went to Navy sources for the white crackerjacks.

The Sea Scout working uniform for those who choose to wear it is navy blue pants and the chambray shirt.

Dickie's makes a great shirt in the color and the pants can be found just about anywhere.

We have a lady who embroiders the Sea Scout logo on the shirt for $5.00.

I really don't see any need for the Sea Scouts to change.

Our guys (and girls!) Like the working uniform, in summer we have cargo shorts in the blue.

The cost is a lot cheaper than anything that can be bought from the BSA.

My great hope is that everything stays just the way it is.

Ea.