palms on eagle knot

Per the insignia guide. page 25:

Eagle Palm,Boy Scout and Scouter, worn only on the Eagle Award ribbon or Eagle square knot.

Just as a scout is not expected to his MB sash or an eagle wear his ribbon all the time, this should be reserved of only more formal occasions--certainly not on a day to day basis.(This message has been edited by Buffalo Skipper)

Buffalo Skipper: It specifically says on the ribbon or the knot. So, palms may, and likely should be, worn on the knot, just like the little devices for various programs of training. Of course there should only be proper colors, dependent on the level of youth attainment, and the minimum amount as well; that is to say not 3 bronze when a silver is correct. Also in rare cases it would not be possible to wear those representative, due to space on the knot. Three is probably the most that will fit without excessive overlap. JMPInterp

Sorry if that ended up being misleading, or appeared to be out of context. The exact quote on page 25 of the Insignia Guide reads as follows:

"Eagle Palm, Bronze, No. 00335; Gold No. 00336; Silver No. 00337; Boy Scout and Scouter, worn only on the Eagle Award ribbon or Eagle square knot. You may wear only the proper combination of Palms for the number of merit badges you earn beyond Eagle. The Bronze Palm represents five merit badges; Gold, 10; and Silver, 15. For example, if you earn 10 merit badges and two Palms, you would wear only the Gold Palm. If you earn 20 merit badges and four Palms, you would wear a Silver and a Bronze Palm." [hopefully no typos there]

Clearly there is nothing wrong with wearing palms on the knot, in fact I wear mine on occasion. Typically,as I suggested in my earlier post, I wear it whenattending a court of honor or maybe a District or Council Banquet. These are the same occasions when I wear my other devices. I have found that these pins, easily get caught on things (including seatbelts), and I just don't feel the need to display them all the time. I put this in the same category I put scouts' MB sashs: an appropriate part of a complete uniform, but unnecessary and impractical on every occasion.

That's fine. Sounds like you've found what works for you. It makes sense, and you should stick with it. Others may have other ideas.

The answer to Pamedic18's question is yes, it's appropriate to wear palms on the knot.

The last part of the question though sounds like it's asking if they can be worn on the Eagle badge (patch). The answer to that is no.

BDPT00