arrowhead award...where doesit fit or go ??

There is no room for the arrowhead award on the new uniform. After the council patch and then troop numbers, then unit commissioner patch then trained patch where does the arrowhead award fit on the left sleeve ???

While the Insignia Guide found below has not been updated

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide/10.aspx

You'll note that the arrowhead award is shown on that section covering Non-unit Scouters, which commissioners are. So to parphase an old TV quote, " No Numbers for You!" LOL ;)

Also this site shows the 2008 Fall/Winter The Commissioner newsletter. page 7 is where the new guidelines, i.e. Arrowhead Honor is worn between the CSP and the Smokes pocket

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/14-975_08_FallWinter.pdf

Hope it helps.

The Arrowhead Honor is different from other adult scouting awards. Unlike training awards, keys or other knots which are worn with any or all uniforms, the Arrowhead Honor is only worn on a commissioner's uniform. Not on a boy scout uniform (SM, ASM, MC or CC), nor any other uniform other than that representing a commissioner.

And the others here have it exactly right: unit numbers are not worn with Unit Commissioner, Roundtable Commissioner, Assistant/District Commissioner or Council Commissioner insignia, as these are all district/council level positions.

While the on-line Insignia Guide has not been updated, the in print one has been. Also, the on-line Commissioner's Newsletter gives the info on the latest issue.

On the "ODL" uniform, the arrowhead is worn below the trained strip, which is itself below the office patch.

On the new "centennial" uniform, the arrowhead is worn below the CSP. As noted, commissioners DON'T wear unit numbers, so that's not a problem.

I also live in Florida.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a scout or scouter in a long sleeve shirt. I've actually seen more long sleeve shirts of the new 'centennial' style then the prior ones.

As to room for the arrowhead. Unless you have an oversized CSP, I've not seen a short-sleeved scouter shirt that didn't have room for the CSP, office patch, trained strip, and arrowhead. At a minimum, you could move the office patch up a little.

On my ODL sleeve (ca. 1992 issue), the arrowhead spilled onto the sleeve cuff. I had the CSP, UC, Trained strip and arrowhead all touching.

The only CSP I wear is the regular one, and you Florida guys have probably seen the WCFC CSP. It's a standard size.

"I've not yet seen a commish wear unit numbers"

"On occasion, I see commissioners, and district & council volunteers who still wear their unit numbers."

In Scouting I think I see the exceptions to the rule more then the rule when dealing with the uniform.