Sock lengths for shorts

My son's are going to NYLT this weekend and as I go through their packing list it states that if Scout shorts are worn only mid-calf or knee-hi socks are allowed. When did this happen? I don't remember anything in the uniform guide concerning sock length, just if you wear shorts Scout socks must be worn. Am I missing anything?

John

Weird. B wore the ankle high (still red strip) as a participant and on staff the last two summers. Your boys could give GG a call, he went to the May NYLT at Raymond.

BTW--what are you doing going through your LIFE SCOUT sons' packing list? If you are still packing for them, I'm going to give them no end of grief at their Eagle SMCs.

;)

As a good parent, when my son's told me half of their socks were no good since it was required to have certain socks, I of course ask to see the list. I was puzzled over it and so the question, but these are the same people who called last night, four day before the start and changed the course from 5 1/2 days to 4 1/2 days without Council's knowledge, so I wouldn't put anything pass them.

John

How can they drop a whole day from the course? They are supposed to do the syllabus, and already are squeezing out a half a day. There is no room to drop another day. I'm going to call Monday and complain. What reason did they give?

Jet, I spent a good part of the day Thursday talking to Council about it, they are clueless, the Program director has refused to explain himself, so Council has finally said at this late date we will have to comply with his wishes. I tried for a refund, but once the money is spent its takes a discussion with the "Committee" to decide whether I will be entitled. I can't take that chance, so my boys will going up with MA, since I no longer can get them up there with the change of start time too.

John