those cigarette pockets

Not to muddle the conversation here, but if you remove the sleeve pocket (and presumably the flap as well, where do you put the "trained" strip? Above the position insignia but below the unit number (or for commissioners, below he arrowhead honor)?

Without the pocket, it really muddies the difference between the "old" and centennial uniforms.

Well to be fair, my "contact" isn't in the decision making chain re: national uniform policy and I also didn't get a timeline for these alleged changes. So it may be wait-and-see, but I hope that what I was told is correct.

In the meantime, I did purchase a new supplex shirt for my son a little while back. Ended up borrowing it and wearing it to an event, myself this week (it doesn't have most of the youth patches on it yet and I was in need of a shirt for this event). I must say that I appreciate the change in fabric, despite all else that we collectively have griped about. Maybe it was because this is a men's shirt? But I also thought the short sleeves were a little longer on this version of the shirt than was true in the past, and I kind of like that too.

Lisa,

I agree that the short sleeves on the new shirt are longer than the old shirt. I have a WB staff tshirt that I can't wear under the old scout shirt due to the sleeve hanging an inch or so below the uniform sleeve. It does not do this with the new uniform shirt.

Lisa,

Are you saying the new supplex shirt fits a female better? I need a new shirt, but have been holding out until my old one fell completely apart, since my old one had been altered to fit better. I had darts put vertically in shirt, so I didn't have so much extra fabric around waist to have to tuck in and get straight. Not so much darts that it was overly feminine, just enough to get rid of the bulkiness.

I guess I should go try one on.

Yes Scouter&mom, I do think the new supplex shirts fit women better. I tried both the new women's and men's shirts and I thought the cut of both were improvements over the old women's shirts. I ended up buying a men's shirt for my son (and didn't buy one for myself due to the cost - couldn't blow $100 on shirts that particular day) but I would probably buy the women's shirt for myself when I have the extra cash to sink into a new uniform for me.