A real answer?

To expand a little on Eagle 92's answer, as always, it's not that simple.

There are two types of local council Scout shops.

National shops

Local Council shops

If it's a National shop, then the employees are National employees and it's a part of the National organization. In this case, they should help you toward getting the warranty honored pretty easily.

If it's a local council shop, then they buy materials from the National supply and sell them. They will still probably help you, but your purchase from scoutstuff.org is no skin off their nose. They had nothing to do with it and would only do it to be helpful.

You can find out which it is by asking.

There are some things the boys like about the new shirts but the drawbacks make them not worth the price. I liked them until I sawthe flag and words. I knew that they would fall off after a few washing as happened to GoldFox.  Besides, they look cheap. If Nation goes back to embrodered logo and flag, then we might get new ones. I do not want to have to resew patches on shirts ever so often because the cheap plastic lettering (flag) keeps coming off, even with a lifetime warrenty. 

Can't do much about the lettering, but if your scout shop still sells the flag patches or you have an older uniform in the closet that is retired, you have a source for flags to sew onto the shoulder when the plastic one falls off.

Point is National should produce a quality product that would last under normal useof adults at minimum. With boys, the shirts get washed at least once a week, if not more. In less than a year the plastic falls off. I encountered the same problem with the logo on the patch blanket - it crumbles off during the time you try to sew on patches. I would hate to see what happens on the first wash.

My son went through two pairs of the nylon pants in two years becuase he ripped out the crotches on each twice doing normal boy stuff: sliding in mud and jumping on a trampoline.

I don't recommend them.

I looked at a pair of the nylon pants. Did not like the way they fit or the way that they felt. And I just knew that they would not hold up that well. I also had an issue with the built in belt. Did not liek it.

Anyway, I still have not gotten a shirt yet, but that will be my next big purchase.

Too late. I didn't know about the warranty plus the Scout Shop is 75 miles away for me. I just cut off the "Boy Scouts of America" from an old worn out shirt and stitched in on - a lot easier.

As for the pants .... I LOOOVE!!! the new canvas pants. They fit well, love the pockets and the fact that they zip off at the kness too!