World Crest and the New Shirt

"For those a bit mystified here: Chug is a member of The Scout Association in the UK. They call it the World Membership Badge and use it as a joining award for each section (membership level) of Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorer Scouts and Scout Network."

I wasn't joking either, I know that many leaders here in the UK tell the YP they enrol that every Scout in the world who is a member of WOSM wears the World Badge.

Scouter Chug:

I do the same as the leader with your Beaver Colony--all newly invested Cub Scouts in the pack I work with are presented the World Scout Badge to emphasize their having become new members of the world scout movement, and that the emblem (in principle) may be worn by all members of the movement.

In service,

Ken

Cubmaster, Boy Scouts of America

"Partly because I respect what the emblem used to mean in BSA and parly because I'm not part of the New World Order."

No one is asking you to become part of a New World Order, but you did choose to become a member of the worldwide family of Scouts, and the World Badge is its emblem.

Yah, this old Beavah is with Chug's young Beavers, eh?

The World Scout Emblem really is a meaningful thing across many nations and scouting associations, even though we haven't promoted it here in da U.S. as much. Of course, we don't often behave as da model WOSM member, eh?

B