Need Patrol Badges

I am looking to get Patrol Badges for the Grizzly Bear Patrol(probably bear patches) and I been finding out that patrol patches are not approved? Can any elaborate on this?

Also can anyone recommend a patch to order patches from(esp for Bears).

Thanks

Your local scout shop either has or can order the Bear Patrol emblem. They sell for $1.99. Or you can order them on-line at www.scoutstuff.org

Who told you that patrol patches aren't approved?

Didn't you say you were a Varsity Coach? That could be the problem here. Varsity Teams don't have Patrols they have Squads, and I don't think that they use patrol emblems to designate Squads.

"Varsity Teams don't have Patrols they have Squads, and I don't think that they use patrol emblems to designate Squads."

While Varsity Scout Teams have Squads, AFAIK, they do use patrol medallions for them.

There are really only a few differences between a Boy Scout and a Varsity Scout uniform.

Varsity Scouts wear the blaze orange loops instead of red.

Varsity Scouts wear the "Varsity" strip above the Boy Scouts of America strip.

Varsity Scouts have their own office patches, hat, and jacket.

Someone can double check in the Varsity Scout Manual on the patrol medallions.

I have a friend that works for AB Emblem and they manufacture a lot of the patches that are used for scouting. My Webelos Den became a patrol and we are having a custom patch made for them. These patches may not be BSA approved patches but they are the correct size and everything and made the same way as every other patch is made so I am letting them use it.

It cost us about $50 for 50 patches (that is the smallest number they will make for you), but that means each boy in the patrol will get 2 patches, one for uniform and one for the back pack or something at around $3 each person and still leave us some extras if new boys join. The patches that BSA has approved are really plain and boring, not something my boys wanted. Does that mean that we are breaking the uniform guidelines or something?