Where to start second row knot badge?

I should have been precise in providing the info, but I did not have the insignia guide at my finger tips earlier. I have in front of me, the 2005 insignia guide BSA# 33066E. I beg to differ with you in regard to any text stating to reference a picture. Please reference page 51, left column, last sentence. It clearly states "Other knots are worn as pictured on this page" Now, when you look at the picture it references as shown on page 51, top of 2nd column, you will notice that the 2nd row is centered, not to the left and not to the right. And your right, it does not say anything about centered, it references a picture that shows the 2nd row centered. Thus my statement of a picture is worth a 1000 words. If they intended the 2nd row to be not centered, would'nt they have a picture showing the 2nd row off to the right or left? The picture clearly shows the 2nd row centered

I'm just stating what it says and shows in the hard copy. I'm not making it up, really.

GNX,

The paragraph you are referencing is about Right side up, not the order of wearing multiple knots (which is addressed in the previous paragraph). The sentence you quote is discussing the knots found at the top of the first column, showing which is the right side up for the DAM, Silver World Award and Seabadge. And yes, I have seen the DAM sewn on upside down.

"then the overt display of Cub related knots takes more away from the uniform than adds to it."

I guess the Cub leaders who wear "Boy Scout" knots shouldn't do that either. Or I shouldn't wear my knot for District Committee service on my Boy Scout leader uniform.

Sorry, as Eamonn said elsewhere, "that's poppycock."

FWIW, I go with the centered look. One knot, two knots, three knots or four. To do otherwise is simply laziness, just like those who sew a patch on in the wrong place and say, "I'm not changing it."