Switchback???? Fit

Is it just me or is there a problem with the fit of the switchback pants. I usually wear a 36-32. However the mens large with 32 inch inseam does not fit properly. It appears that the crotch hangs to low. Both of my sons have mentioned the switchback pants I just bought do not fir right. I am contemplating taking them back for a refund. Am I being picky or has anyone else had a problem with how the switchbacks fit?

I don't own a pair, never will, because I have yet to see a pair that looks like it fits. With the zippers in the thighs and cuffs, it is extremely difficult to make modifications to make them fit properly. They look sloppy and more often than not the boys seem to walk around on the back of the cuff.

A regular pair of pants, cuffed to fit will always look better than the switchbacks.

But given that, I went to a Eagle COH yesterday and only 2 scouts were in full uniform and the Eagle candidate wasn't one of them. The ill-fitting switchbacks would have done wonders to improve the situation. A Life Scout in uniform shirt with sweatpants just doesn't do much for me.

Stosh

I recently talked to someone from BSA supply who stated that they are well aware of the fit issues and are making appropriate changes, as well as some other minor tweaks to the switchbacks. I've speculated that the current 2 for 1 sale may be clearing the warehouses for the improved version.

I bought my son a pair of switchbacks, and when he tried them on, we thought they fit. Then he wore them on his first camp-out, and discovered that when he sat down, they were too tight and he couldn't wear them as shorts, because the hem of the shorts rode up way too high when he sat down. That was the first and last time he ever wore them!

I've always disliked them, but recently took advantage of the 2 for 1 deal. I got rid of the cheesy plastic belt and surprisingly; after wearing them a little, have decided that they are not too bad. I just figured it would give me something to wear to summer camp and beat up, but I may wear them a little more often than I anticipated. Just as I thought though, they would never make a good pair of shorts for me. They look like those little OP shorts from the 70's when I sit down in them.

After expressing my thoughts in an earlier topic to which several replied that my fears were not true I purhased a pair last December. I had to hem mine. It was a simple matter of hemming at the zip off zipper. I've found them to be comfortable so far but far too thin for colder weather. I'll be buying more before the sale is over and will even buy a couple of pair for my son.

FWIW I tried mine on in the scout shop and found a pair that fit other than legnth.

One interesting thing that I've found about switchbacks and that is that the male sizes may have "vanity sizing." With any other trousers, my waist is 36 or even 38 if I breathe out. When I tried the Large Switchbacks (supposedly 36-38) they essentially fell off my hips. The Medium (supposedly 32-24) fit quite well. I really need a 31 inch leg, but bought the 30s. They look fine and work well.

As far as looking sharp, fitting well, etc. I don't believe that is a significant factor for today's youth :) Think of the jeans falling down around one's knees. I think that the switchbacks are adequate and don't bring on the "YUCK, SCOUT TROUSERS" comments from youth. I agree that the Switchbacks are stunningly better than blue jeans. To me, blue jeans with a Scout shirt are as discordant as setting off a klaxon in church. They are just shouting to everybody around "I don't care what the BSA says, I refuse to be in full, well coordinated uniform."