Two-piece buckle

Does anyone know where I could buy one of the old-fashioned two-piece type BSA belt buckles? I've seen some on e-bay but I'd rather just buy one outright than go through the hassle of an auction. I'd love to see BSA supply produce a reproduction of these old belts and buckles.

"You could also buy a WOSM belt and buckle from WOSM's web site. Not really regulation but the Uniform Police probably won't notice."

I have one of those and wear it every so often. (There are some of my pants/shorts I can't wear it with, as the belt loops are too small to get the belt on). I picked it up at the World Jamboree.

As it's a World Scouting belt, how is it 'not regulation'? Its meant to be worn by any scout around the world. Its not like we're wearing a belt from another scout association.

"As it's a World Scouting belt, how is it 'not regulation'? Its meant to be worn by any scout around the world. Its not like we're wearing a belt from another scout association."

It isn't a BSA belt. Look in the insignia guide. "Leather camp, high-adventure base or Wood Badge belts with official BSA buckles may be worn. . . "

Reading that, the old two piece buckle with leather belt may not be allowed . . .

Heck, my Philmont buckle and my Goshen buckle are probably taboo as well.

I have belts and buckles or hat badges from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, France, Germany, Canada, Great Britain, South Africa, Brazil, Greece, Poland, Russia and more that I can't think of.

I wear them all at different times even though they aren't regulation. I'm not worried about the Geheime Uniform Polizei (Gunpo) coming after me.(This message has been edited by Gold Winger)

"It isn't a BSA belt. Look in the insignia guide. "Leather camp, high-adventure base or Wood Badge belts with official BSA buckles may be worn. . . "

"Reading that, the old two piece buckle with leather belt may not be allowed . . .

"Heck, my Philmont buckle and my Goshen buckle are probably taboo as well."

A Philmont belt/buckle falls under 'high adventure base'. Goshen was made by a BSA local council/camp, so that should be ok, as would any lodge or council made belt/buckle.

"I have belts and buckles or hat badges from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, France, Germany, Canada, Great Britain, South Africa, Brazil, Greece, Poland, Russia and more that I can't think of."

I wouldn't wear a belt/buckle or hat from a foreign scout association. A WOSM belt/buckle is a different matter.

"A Philmont belt/buckle falls under 'high adventure base'."

The belt is okay but not the buckle, at least in my reading of the insignia guide. Neither a Philmont buckle nor a Goshen buckle is an "official BSA buckle."

" A WOSM belt/buckle is a different matter."

Doesn't say that anywhere in the insignia guide. Of course, your interpretation may differ.

Of course, since many chose to wear patches in the wrong place or decorate their uniform with parent pins, flag pins and an assortment of other junk, the Gunpo have far more serious offenses to worry about.

"The belt is okay but not the buckle, at least in my reading of the insignia guide. Neither a Philmont buckle nor a Goshen buckle is an "official BSA buckle." "

High adventure belts ok, but not the buckle? How does one affix a web belt buckle on a leather belt? I do believe that when one goes to the closet looking for a belt they automatically assume the buckle comes with it. If a high adventure belt is BSA approved so is the buckle, it is part of the high adventure belt. I would much have a boy not wear any belt at all rather than show up with his new Philmont belt and no buckle. Looks kinda bad to have those two ends flopping around out the front of his pants.

:^)

Stosh

"How does one affix a web belt buckle on a leather belt?"

If you look in your Scout Stuff catalog, there are official BSA buckles for leather belts.

"If a high adventure belt is BSA approved so is the buckle, it is part of the high adventure belt."

Not so. My Philmont belt came with no buckle, just like my Goshen belt and my leather BSA belt. If you go to the Philmont trading post, they have a host of Philmont buckles PLUS the OFFICIAL BSA buckles.

If BSA wanted to include Philmont buckles they would have said, "Leather belts with buckles from camps, OA, Wood Badge, etc."

You may argue the "logic" of a Philmont or Goshen buckle being an Official BSA buckle all you want but please remember that we are dealing with BSA and that logic and reason often do no apply.

Gold Winger wrote:

"Of course, since many chose to wear patches in the wrong place or decorate their uniform with parent pins, flag pins and an assortment of other junk, the Gunpo have far more serious offenses to worry about."

I accompanied some newer Scouters to a NLE/LS training a few weeks back. As always, there were some interesting uniform violations. The one that made me chuckle though was the unit who had a few Cub Scouters all wearing their position patches on the left shirt pocket as if it were a rank!

Looks like more confusing and contradictory BSA publications. What is an official leather belt? The ones on ScoutStuff.org? Can't be the camp belts because those are specifically mentioned in the insignia guide. Does buckle of choice mean only BSA buckles or could it be my "Airborn, Death From Above" buckle?

AFAIC, a belt/buckle made by a BSA camp, BSA council, OA lodge, etc, is just as much a "BSA Belt" or "BSA Buckle" as the items sold by National Supply (scoutstuff.org, etc). In fact, I bet many of the belts/buckles sold by BSA camps, councils, and lodges came from National Supply.

What is the big deal?