Camp staff uniform

jblake,

You are correct that a Crew can design their own uniform. That being said, Venturing has an official uniform that can be used. If it is used, it is subject to the same "rules and regulations" of wearing it fully and correctly just like the Boy Scout uniform. It is not proper to adopt part of the official uniform and mix it with unofficial parts. It is either the official uniform or the Crew designed uniform.

Which brings us full circle, Mr SR540Beaver...

As I said, the SE, Council President and Council Commissioner were out gladhanding folks, welcoming them to camp... in the staff uniform.

Today's paradox: Your statement is both true and false, at least in this particular neck of the woods.

> Well, today it is. Under Explorers/Exploring they never made spruce green shorts, so you had to wear the boy scout shorts of the time.

Hmmm. OK, I had seen photos of Explorers in the spruce shirt and trousers. Flipping through Peterson's The Boy Scouts: An American Adventure there is a photo of an Explorer in spruce shirt and olive shorts right in the front.

We never wore uniforms when I was an Explorer in 1976.

Ed

SR540Beaver; I had planned on getting the Shelby for my planned and fast approaching mid-life crisis...however a second Shelby GT as an Eagle Scout gift would seem appropriate. Do you think he would prefer it to be in 1/18th or 1/25th scale? Of course a display case would be included. I do appreciate your kind remarks regarding "Dad of the year". Thanks again!

>Hmmm. OK, I had seen photos of Explorers in the spruce >shirt and trousers. Flipping through Peterson's The Boy >Scouts: An American Adventure there is a photo of an >Explorer in spruce shirt and olive shorts right in the >front.

They made spruce green pants, but not shorts.

>We never wore uniforms when I was an Explorer in 1976.

Your post may have decided not to have 'uniforms', but they existed. Posts could decide their uniform, if any. (sound familiar). The forest green shirt was still an option (it would be dropped for 2 periods). There was also the navy blazer. When the forest green shirt was dropped, the tan shirt was made available as an option.