Venturing Pants/Shorts

The Supply Division recently lowered the price of the Venturing pants and shorts! Apparently they did it in October, but my local Scout Shop didn't change the prices in the store. I found it online...

Shorts:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?ctlg=05NDC&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=UNIFORMS&C3=TROUSERS&C4=&LV=3&item=586VSH

Pants:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?ctlg=05NDC&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=UNIFORMS&C3=TROUSERS&C4=&LV=3&item=587VT

I find this as a relief, because I was dreading spending another 100 dollars for 2 pairs of shorts for camp staff this summer...

However, when I emailed them, they said they did not know if or when the price will go back

milwscout580- you do NOT need to get the Venturing pants/shorts from National Supply and be in full/official Venturing uniform.

Unlike in the Boy Scout Program, in Venturing so long as you are wearing charcoal gray pants/shorts, REGARDLESS of the source, with your green Venturing shirt, you are in FULL Venturing uniform. If your camp staff people demain you get the official pants/shorts, they are wrong.

You can get charcoal gray pants/shorts from various sources, including Cabelas', Bass Pro Shop, etc.

They do not REQUIRE Venturing shorts, but I like to wear the "official" stuff... That, and we were required to wear the "real" Venturing shorts my first year--or at least that's what I thought-- but last year, they gave us a list of different places to get cheapter shorts. (our Camp Director actually wore a pair to the Scout Office and the other camp's director couldn't tell the difference...