"SwitchBacks" plus PolyPro = warm in winter

Just a quick note to relate that using the new "SwitchBacks" Scout uniform pants with polypropelene long underwear bottoms will keep you warm and comfortable while staying active when outside in a Wisconsin winter.

I wore the above named combination this last weekend while setting up our camp for our districts Klondike derby. They have good freedom of movement and snow seems to brush off and dry better than jeans or regular scout pants.

After we were sst up and sitting around, I could tell the temp was falling and that sitting wasnt generating any self-heat, so we retreated into our sleeping bags for the night. It was 0 degrees at 10 pm and -5 degrees when we got up at 6am.

I had along some older wool pants but didnt use them as the SwitchBacks and polypro worked real well together. I wore them the next day while staffing the kitchen and didnt overheat in them as they seem to shed excess heat rather well also. Its nice to find a pair of pants that seem adaptable to most conditions.

Good to hear. We were getting dressed to go to our troop meeting last night when my almost 14 year old son came out and announced that yet another pair of scout pants were getting too small to wear. His next pair (and my next pair) will be switchbacks. A number of adults and boys in the troop have them now and love them.

We are backpacking the Pecos Wilderness in New Mexico this summer and I am going to be in the market for a synthetic pant with cargo pockets, integrated belt and zip off legs. Rather than buy something like Campmor's Trekmor pants, I'll probably kill two birds with one stone and just go with the switchbacks.