custom neckerchief

I've seen Chief Neckerchief and Stradri's advertised in Scouter Magazine. Has anyone used either of these companies for custom neckerchiefs? If so, were you satisfied with the product?

Do any of you know of other companies that make custom neckerchiefs?

We have found that you can purchase blank neckerchiefs from National Supply or any of the companies you mentioned (in many colors and piping) and have them screen printed locally at a better price.

We used Stadri for our 10th Anniv neckerchief and for our troop numerals. They were very helpful in chosing thread colors as neckerchief was custom embroidery. We are very satisfied with their work.

A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, the Moms of my Troop made our neckerchiefs from fabric off the bolt at the fabric store.

Nearly 40 years later, it is still serviceable.

May I respectfully recommend doing homemade neckerchiefs? They have a wow, gee factor long after we grow up...

John,

I have always liked the idea of making our own neckerchiefs. Did you use a large square? How were the edges stiched? Can you remember back that far?? :-)

We have Troop Ts and hats that are kelly green and yellow. Green neckerchief with yellow binding would look very nice.

I went and compared it last night to my sons' BSA necker...

It's about an inch smaller in all dimensions. I think that was a cost issue. Standards of living in the 60s, while pretty good, aren't what they are today.

It's triangular.

There was a white tape, 3/4" running along all three edges. In all fabric edges, the fabric was turned under and hemmed/seamed with very very tiny stitches (on the order of 1/16"

Does that help?